About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Need Something to Read While Waiting for Flirting with Secrets -- Assassins Anonymous Step Three? Try The Housewife Assassin's Handbook by Josie Brown...

Okay, as an author of humorous assassin stories, I admit when I bought this book I'd hoped it would suck... I'm twisted that way... **said tongue-firmly-in-cheek** But it didn't so I have no option but to recommend :-).

The Housewife Assassin's Handbook by Josie Brown is an entertaining read! I was surprised when I stumbled across this book because I really didn't think there was anything similar to my Assassin's Anonymous series (naive, I know). Fortunately, Josie Brown's character comes at the dilemma from the opposite angle (thank goodness!) -- a housewife who becomes an assassin, not an ex-assassin exiled to suburbia and trying not to kill anyone. Phew - Different, but just as fun.



I love the idea of a housewife trying to keep her secret life, well, a secret. Not easy to do while being a single mom to three, what with keeping up appearances and all! I love the mix of action, romance and reality woven throughout this story. I feel confident that if you're a fan of the AA series, you'll want to read these books, too. I stopped at book one (because I didn't want to subconsciously plagiarize anything), but I have a feeling you will want to read all of them. And since the first in the series is only $0.99, it's a bargain for full-length entertainment! Try it and be sure to let me know what you think!

Description (From Amazon):


Murder, suspense, sex--and some handy household tips.

"Secrets, sex, money and scandal! Josie Brown is truly entertaining reading." -- Jackie Collins

IN BOOK 1: THE HOUSEWIFE ASSASSIN'S HANDBOOK:

- EVERY DESPERATE HOUSEWIFE WANTS AN ALIAS: Donna Stone has one...and it happens to be government-sanctioned.
- BUT DONNA EARNED IT THE HARD WAY: Her husband was killed the day she delivered their third child.
- TO AVENGE HER HUSBAND'S MURDER: Donna leads a secret life: as an assassin.
- BUT ESPIONAGE MAKES FOR STRANGE BEDFELLOWS: And brings new meaning to that old adage, "Honey, I'm home..."

Also in this series:




Happy Reading!
~Heidi

4 comments:

  1. I m always Looking for these kind of stuff, Sharing these kind of information is really helpful to all.Your blog is really nice simple and always provide valuable information to all users.Thanks a lot !
    Burun Estetiği
    Burun Estetiği

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Burun. I'm glad you enjoy my recommendations! Have a fantastic day :-)

      Best,
      Heidi

      Delete
  2. Dearest Heidi,
    From the bottom of my heart, I am honored that you love THE HOUSEWIFE ASSASSIN'S HANDBOOK series. Coming from someone has prolific and humorous as you, it means a lot for me.

    This is TOTALLY a mutual admiration society,

    :)

    Josie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Josie! Now that I'm switching gears back to my Mystic series for the next few months I can finally read the rest of your series without worrying about mixing up our worlds :-). I hope you're having a fabulous summer!!!

      ~Heidi

      Delete