About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Love Romantic Comedy? Check out my interview with author Dee Ernst!


Is there a better way to perk up a lackluster Tuesday than by spending some time getting to know romantic comedy author Dee Ernst? Probably, but the other ways are more fattening, downright sinful, and possibly illegal (in my case, anyway). So we’ll stick with Dee! J


Welcome to my Romance/Chick-Lit 
Author Interview series, Dee!

Me: Let's start with an easy question: What are you working on now?
DEE: I'm working on too many things - a YA that my daughter urged me to write, a sequel to Better Off Without Him, and something about a 50ish woman trying online dating while dealing with the problems of her three adult children.

Me: Your writing schedule sounds like mine – a bit schizophrenic (in a completely good way, of course). How closely do your characters resemble you? Any particular quirk you’re not too afraid to cop to?
DEE: Mona is like me in her attitude and life POV, but she's much younger and more successful career-wise. We both have daughters, dogs, cats and great friends. I've been happily married for 23 years, but, like Mona, I'm a bit of a smart-a**

Me: I love smart-asses! My favorite line of all time is from Steel Magnolias – “If you don’t have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.” Do you ever wish you lived a character’s life (not just in your imagination)?
DEE: I wish I had Mona's success as a writer.  And her beach house.

Me: Ooh! Me too! I definitely want Mona’s beach house. Okay, now on to something of grave importance (especially considering the beach houses we’re going to have soon)... sunglasses: designer or drugstore cheapies? How many pairs are enough?
DEE: I've been very nearsighted for most of my life, and prescription sunglasses are way too expensive for me.  I must confess, I'm a clip-on girl, and I have them stashed everywhere - car, purse, beachbag, husbands car...but I think if I had perfect vision, I'd be a Dior girl.

Me: My mom showed up with a new pair of Dior’s a couple weeks ago… Lots of bling – I definitely approve of your choice. Now, back to writing - Would you ever want to work on a combined project with your favorite author? If so, who?
DEE: Oh, so this is the fantasy part of the interview?  Then, let's say I'd love to work with Neil Gaiman.  I love his imagination, and he's got a great sense of humor.  He's also very relatable - he really tries to connect with his audience through various forms of media.  I could probably learn a lot from him.  And if I couldn't, I could just stare at him and be perfectly happy.

Me: Ha! And what do you mean by, “Oh, so this is the fantasy part of the interview?” I thought this was all fantasy! We’re writers of fiction! We lie for a living! Geez… you weren’t being honest with these questions, were you? Just kiddingJ. Totally just kidding! …In all seriousness, thank you so much for sharing a bit about you and your writing with us today! One final question... I’ve found that readers really enjoy connecting with authors… what is one thing you want your fans to know about you that they may not already be aware of?
DEE: I'm a huge fan of RPG video games.  I have an Xbox, and just started Skyrim, which is taking a little too much of my time and attention.  In fact, I was on the phone with a friend who asked how the new book was going, and I was like, "Who cares??I'm up to Level 3!!!"

Me: I would have NEVER guessed that about you! Cool.

Is your curiosity piqued? Want to know more about Dee Ernst? Make sure to check out her Romantic Comedy novel – Better Off Without Him – available on Amazon and Barnes& Noble. Or, Check out her Author’s page for more great stuff.


Thanks again for stopping by!
~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment