About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Meet Romance Author Caddy Rowland!


TGIF Romance and Chick-Lit lovers! And as a bonus, I have romance author Caddy Rowland on my blog today talking about her books! If you’ve missed any of the previous Romance/Chick-Lit interviews, be sure to check them out! I guarantee you’ll enjoy the insights.
…back to nosing out the details of what's between the lines of our favorite author's imaginations and ideas!

Welcome, Caddy!

ME: Hi, Caddy, and thanks so much for being here today! I know everyone wants to find out: What are you writing now?
CADDY: I am preparing Gastien Part 2: From Dream To Destiny for release next month, December 2011.  I have also started writing the third book of the series.

ME: You’ve been busy! Since your series takes place in another century this might be more difficult to answer, but… how closely do your characters resemble you? (Any particular quirk?)
CADDY: Both Gastien and I are painters, both love abstract art, and both stand up for our beliefs even if they are not the status quo. We also both really love taking baths!

ME: As an artist, no wonder your covers are so beautiful! Do you ever wish you lived a character’s life (not just in your imagination)?
CADDY: Sure. I wish could paint as well as Gastien and I think it would have been a blast to have lived in Montmartre, France during the height of Impressionism and then at the turn of the century when cubism and abstract started.  Only if I was male, though.

ME: Men… Hmpf! Just kidding. But I do like being female. Teeheehee. Speaking of girly things: Sunglasses (a particular fetish of mine): designer or drugstore cheapies? How many pairs are enough?
CADDY: I have 2 pair, drugstore stashed in the car, designer in my home for the pool.  I would like one more designer pair for my purse.

ME: Ah, a girl after my own heart. Would you ever want to work on a combined project with your favorite author? If so, who?
CADDY: Not really. I already have so many of my own books in my head that the ideas will outlive me.

ME: I can definitely see how that would be true. I’ve found that readers really enjoy connecting with authors… what is one thing you want your fans to know about you that they may not already be aware of?
CADDY: I married my high school sweetheart and we are still in love and married many years later; we are childless by choice and never regretted it.  So, in some ways I am nonconformist like Gastien, but traditional in the sense that I fell in love young and did not want to experience other partners!

ME: Goes to show that young love can also be an endless love… no wonder you write romance! Thanks again for being with us today and giving readers a bit of insight into what makes you tick. Best of luck with your writing!

Caddy Rowland is the Gastien Part 1: The Cost of the Dream, which is soon to be a series with the release of Gastien Part 2, next month. Want to know more? Be sure to check out her Amazon Author’sPage. Gastien is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble now! Check her out on Facebook as well.


Have a great weekend!
~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment