About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Not What She Seems by Victorine Lieske

Not What She Seems by Victorine Lieske pulled me in from the opening page and didn't let go. Great writing, fascinating characters, the pace was frantic and kept me guessing...loved it!

I believe this is the author's first published novel, but you would never guess that after reading it. There is exceptional talent in her writing. The only complaint I can come up with is it seemed a bit short. Hard to tell in ebook format and the paper copy says it is over 300 pages. But I read it in under a day with many interruptions and that it extremely fast for me. It could be that I was so absorbed that I read at a faster rate than normal. I would like to know the word count, though it doesn't really matter as the story was well-told at its current length.

Conclusion: If you enjoy suspense/thrillers geared toward a female audience (though not entirely), I recommend this book highly. You will not be disappointed. Happy Reading!

Next up:


**Disclaimer: I am not a professional literary reviewer. I do not know this author and I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment