About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson...Hmmm

Fools Rush In (Weddings by Bella Series #1)... I'm not sure how to rate this book. The story was cute and the writing was well-done, but this was once again a case of reading the description and being misled. There was so much praying and repetition of wondering about what the Lord would want the main character to do, that I ended up missing large portions of the story in my attempt not be preached to.

I don't mind the mention of religion or faith as a defining characteristic, but please--PLEASE--let me know ahead of time. And I must associate with heathens, because even the most devout people I know do not constantly stop in the middle of a conversation to pray. I've never had this happen and a member of my family is a retired priest!

Anyway, I could have LOVED this book. It has a fun premise and the characters are likable and interesting. If you don't mind a HEAVY dose of bible thumping, then I would definitely recommend (in fact, I have recommended this book to someone who is very religious, and she loved it). But, unfortunately, for me it was simply too much.

Personally, I could have done without reading it, but it is free and part of a series, so that is a definite plus. If you don't mind, or even enjoy, a more secular reading experience... download a free copy and see for yourself. Me, I'll be shopping in the sinner's section.

Happy Reading!

**Disclaimer: I am not a professional literary reviewer. I do not know this author and I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment