About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

**UPDATED** LOVE THIS SERIES!!! The J.J. Grave Mysteries by Liliana Hart

**UPDATED TO INCLUDE BOOK 2**

Wow! I mean, I really enjoyed this book! Loved the main character, J.J. Graves. Adored the love interests. Got wrapped up in the mystery and thrills...

Plain and simply, Dirty Little Secrets is a fabulous read! I could wax poetic about all the little details, but really, you should just buy it! And quick -- as it is currently only $0.99!!!

Seriously, if you are a fan of mystery, romance, humor and suspense, you will not be disappointed in Dirty Little Secrets. I'm already on to A Dirty Shame, Book 2 in the J.J. Graves series and I can't read fast enough. Love it!!! (Finished! See below.)

Description (From Amazon):

J.J. Graves has seen a lot of dead bodies in her line of work...

She's not only in the mortuary business, but she's also the coroner for King George County, Virginia. When a grisly murder is discovered in the small town of Bloody Mary, it's up to J.J. and her best friend, Detective Jack Lawson, to bring the victim justice.

The murders are piling up...

When a popular mystery writer shows up on J.J.'s doorstep with plans of writing his new book about the Bloody Mary Serial Killer, J.J. has to decide if he might be going above and beyond the call of duty to create the spine tinglers he's so well known for.

Passions are rising...

J.J and Jack discover each victim had a shocking secret, and the very foundation of J.J.'s life is in danger of crumbling when it turns out she’s harboring secrets of her own—secrets that make her a perfect target in a deadly game.


I just finished reading A Dirty Shame, the 2nd book in the J.J. Graves Mystery Series and just had to add it to  this post. Another fantastic read!

Jaye is back, a little worse for wear but getting her life on track. I don't think I can say whether I enjoyed the mystery or the romance better in this book because they work so well together. And, once again, Liliana Hart kept me guessing until the final pages in regard to the true identity of the enemy. Great plot!

My only complaint -- Book 3 isn't out yet! And the cliffhanger is just... mean ;-). Get writing, woman! I need to know ASAP how this is going to play out! What happens next? All I know is book three is on my auto-buy list!!!

Read this series! You won't be disappointed.

Description (From Amazon):


J.J. Graves is back in Bloody Mary, but she's a long way from feeling at home. Between her physical scars from being the target of a murderer and the emotional scars left by her parents, she doesn't know who she can trust. But death doesn't stop for anyone.

The first murder is grisly. The second even more so. And though things are shaky between them, she and her best friend, Jack, have no choice but to join forces and find the killer. Because the life of someone they love dearly hangs in the balance.



Happy Reading!
~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment