About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Salt, Inception & The Town


**Good**

I watched The Town last night on blu-ray and would give it 3 out of 5 stars. Not a new premise, but the acting was good. It kept me awake until the end with its action-filled chase scenes. And even threw in a love story for good measure (and a believable one at that). Would I watch it again? Probably not.

Am I recommending that you watch it? Sure. It's a good movie and I personally always enjoy gazing at Ben Afleck--he is decent eye-candy after all. The Town is entertaining and that's really what it's all about.

On a side note, I was surprised to see Blake Lively playing the doped out drug mule, but her performance was one of the best in my opinion. I won't give away the ending, but I will say that I didn't love it.


**Better**

The first thing I want to say about this movie is that it wasn't as confusing as people had been telling me. Great concept, excellent acting and interesting special effects all came together to make a movie I hadn't had much interest in seeing become one that I would likely watch again.

My biggest complaint is that the background music was loud during much of the dialog, making it more difficult to understand what was being said (and almost every word spoken was important to understanding the plot). I turned up the volume and solved the problem, but I may have sustained permanent hearing loss;).

Definitely a must watch if only to give you something interesting to talk/debate about. I've often wondered if my reality was simply a dream and Inception is an interesting take on the idea. 4 out of 5 stars from me.


**Best**

I loved this movie! Pure edge of your seat fun! I want to kick ass like Angelina Jolie does. And it's more than just action... the depth of the script really takes you into the lives, minds and emotions of the characters wrapping it all up in a neat bow without being confusing or even unrealistic.

And Salt should have gotten more recognition for the overall picture as well as the acting--which was fantastic! Rent this movie... you won't be disappointed! I give this movie 5-stars.


**Disclaimer: I am not a professional movie critic and I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment