About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Great Book! The Crossroads Cafe by Deborah Smith

Wonderful, simply wonderful. Deborah Smith's heartwarming story, The Crossroads Cafe, kept me turning the pages! I can't express how very much I enjoyed this book. It was sweet and tragic and... fantastic!

Her portrayal of two wounded souls, finding comfort and a reason for living in a small town where the heart of the community is a local cafe makes this novel comfort food for your brain. You feel as if you've been transported to this tiny dot on the map and swept into the lives of the people who reside there.

I don't want to give away any spoilers, but you simply must read this book! I absolutely loved it and can't wait to read more by this author. I downloaded The Crossroads Cafe as a freebie, but would have paid the average cost for an eBook in a heartbeat had I known how good the story would be. It is currently priced at $8.59 (which I believe is way too high for any digital book) and would recommend putting it on your wishlist until the cost comes down. Also available for Nook (although for an even higher price) and with a different cover.

The reviews are mixed, but I read a lot and really enjoyed this book. I am not sure why some people did not like it, but there were references to predictability (isn't that the romance genre in general?). I like a happy ending, so it was just what I was looking for.
Happy Reading!

**Disclaimer: I am not a professional literary reviewer. I do not know this author and I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment