About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Love Your Cats? Hate Cleaning the Litterbox? You Have to Get This!!!

Litter Robot LRII ECO Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Gray
Litter Robot LRII ECO Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Gray
Okay, so I normally blog about books and entertainment, but this thing is AMAZING!!! I have two cats (a Chocolate Persian named Mugsy Chicken Little and a beautiful stray named Senorita Fancypants who adopted me one night while I was reading on the patio). Since I work all day and write all night, there is little time for household chores.

Being a neat-freak, this is a serious problem! So what did I do? Well, first I bought the Roomba. Awesome! I'm addicted to watching it do my vacuuming for me (counterproductive, but so much fun). Then... disaster! My LitterMaid croaked out after more than a decade and I was having to scoop dirty turds out again. BooHiss!!! I immediately went on Amazon to buy another and discovered that in the intervening years since my original purchase, the company had changed the design! Everyone hates it! It no longer works! (A giant thank-you to the hundreds of reviewers who took the time to let me know).

But I'm stubborn and sometimes think, "Oh, that won't happen to me." So I drive my pig-headed booty down to the pet store to check them out in person and the store manager tells me they've had 15 returns in the last month alone! It doesn't work...everyone hates it....

Back home and onto Amazon to research my options. In the $100-$200 range, there are several, but the reviews are bad to mediocre and the cost of upkeep is high (especially for the crystal litter versions, yikes). I broaden my thinking and begin looking at more expensive options. There is a toilet-looking thingy that actually washes itself (and disposes of the waste through the sewer) and then dries the reusable litter for the next use...intriguing. But the "special detergent" needed is costly, so I'm back at square one.

I move on to the Mack-Daddy of all litter boxes available. It's expensive (over $300). It looks weird. Hmm...I start reading the reviews and they all say the same thing--Awesome! Works great! No smell! Great customer service from the parent company! I go elsewhere for further research and get the same input. Everyone loves this thing. But I'm cheap...clean the litter box once again and immediately order the damned thing!

I LOVE THE LITTER ROBOT II !!!

Quiet, clean, no smell, uses less litter, easy to dispose of the waste. I'm an evangelistic litter-box preacher! It did take a few days to coax the kitties inside, but after about a week the old box is history and I never have to touch dirty litter again. Ahhh! Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment