About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Practical Use for a Cactus? My "Green" Tip of the Day.

Okay, so I'm sitting out on my back patio (as usual...it is basically my office after all) and I discover I have a problem. A stubborn piece of the delicious reheated carne asada chimichanga that I had for lunch has lodged itself between my molars and no amount tooth-sucking is doing the trick.

I look to my left, and beside me is an Octopus Agave in a pot. Hmm, I think, remembering an episode of some survival show that explained how one might use the pointy tip as a needle by pinching it off and when you pull, there is built-in "string" attached. I shrug my shoulders and decide, "Why not? I'm too lazy to get up, walk inside and hunt down some dental floss."

Holy cow! It works as described! I could use this method to fix a button on the fly, sew up a wound, or, hey, get this meat out of my teeth. As a bonus, no dental floss was harmed (nor was the cactus). Now that is embracing "Going Green."

I feel much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment