About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Golden Lies by Barbara Freethy is... Golden!

Golden Lies is the second book I've read by Barbara Freethy. And this one is definitely my favorite of the two! Let me start with the cover, because I absolutely love it - although after reading the book, other than the Golden Gate Bridge in the background, I didn't find it really suited the content. But it is a beautiful image and was definitely a deciding factor when I downloaded the book.

The story revolves around three central main characters who are drawn together when a mysterious dragon statue is found. I really enjoyed the Asian culture in the book and found it original and refreshing.

The romance and chemistry between Riley and Paige sparked and drew me in. Theirs was a romance I could get behind and root for. Every character was well drawn and their histories were portrayed with depth and realism. What I really liked was how quickly the pace moved and how, with so many different threads being woven together, I never felt like I missed anything, or something wasn't explained. Golden Lies is the epitome of romantic suspense. You won't be able to put it down.

(Possible spoiler?) The ending is what I expected, but I wouldn't have had it any other way... happy endings are always a must-have for me. Golden Lies is ridiculously inexpensive, too. I actually downloaded it as a freebie, but when I went to Amazon to check on the price just now I saw it is only $1.99. BARGAIN! For romance and romantic suspense lovers, you won't want to miss this one.

Happy Reading!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment