About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Almost Perfect by Julie Ortolon, a review

When three best friend discover the fourth from their group of former college roommates has written a book calling them out on what is holding them back in their lives, Maddy, Christine and Amy vow to conquer their fears. Almost Perfect, book one in the Perfect Trilogy, follows Maddy as she confronts her fear of success, as well as her girlhood flame.

With so many character's initially, I had a difficult time remembering who was who. But after the story branched off to focus on Maddy, I couldn't stop turning the pages. Almost Perfect is a well-written, light read - perfect for a day at the beach or a weekend spent curled up in your favorite easy chair. I especially enjoyed that misunderstandings never got too far out of control and both main characters were real, caring, and genuinely loved each other.

I would definitely recommend this book and have already downloaded book two, Just Perfect after reading a sample at the end of book one and have a feeling it will be every bit as enjoyable as the first. If you enjoy light romance, you will not regret getting this book.

Happy Reading!

~Heidi

**Disclaimer: I am not a professional literary reviewer. I do not know this author and I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! It sounds like a good, quick read. I'll have to add it to my never ending "to read" list :)

    ReplyDelete