About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Outwitting the Devil by Napoleon Hill and Sharon Lechter - A Must Read!

I had the great honor of going to the launch of Sharon Lechter's latest book and have to say that you simply must read Outwitting the Devil. The original manuscript for this was written in 1938 by Napoleon Hill and quickly hidden due to his, and his family's, fear of repercussions. When Sharon was contacted by the Napoleon Hill Foundation to annotate the original manuscript and finally release it to the public, we were given a rare opportunity to confront the Devil in our own lives.

Amazingly, the content is stunningly relevant to the times we are living in now: with startling similarities between what happened during the Great Depression and what is now occurring during this Great Recession. I have only begun reading, but have to say that hearing Sharon talk about the book was eye-opening. What really matters in our lives? Is the Devil holding you back? How do you take control of your life and achieve your goals?

I've been told that the book is life changing. How often do you hear that nowadays from someone you know and trust? Three chapters in, I can see how it's possible; truly motivating and inspirational. Read the book. I am.

Happy Reading!
~Heidi

**Disclaimer: I am not a professional literary reviewer. I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment