About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bel-Air Dead By Stuart Woods

I just finished reading Bel-Air Dead by Stuart Woods. I have to admit that it took a while for me to get into it. SW is one of my all-time favorite authors, but this seemed like a first-time novel. I forced myself to keep reading... and it got good!

I like Stone Barrington, the main character, and he ended up being the old man-whore that I've come to appreciate. I had heard rumblings that the character was getting old - as in too much of the same thing - but I disagree. Once the plot thickened and I stopped reading the plethora of "he said's", I really enjoyed the story.

I read to escape; and living among the rich and famous, if only for a short while, is never a bad way to pass the time. I ended up finishing in one session after several stops and starts because the pace really picked up.

If you're a fan of Woods' Stone Barrington series, this book won't disappoint. Yes, I think it might be time to close out the story... how geriatric is this guy going to get before he cares that he has no one to share his life with and a son who doesn't know he exists? I got the sense that this might be changing though and really hope it does.

For now, Stuart Woods remains on my auto-buy list (even though I really wish he would get rid of that ridiculous diatribe he puts at the end of his novels). Bel-Air Dead is what you expect. Not more, not less, but still a Stone Barrington novel.

Happy Reading!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment