About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chick-Lit fans: Another fun, easy read - Sparks Fly by Lucy Kevin!

I've been on a kick of reading strictly Chick-lit recently and have to say that I'm having a ball! This week's guilty pleasure was Sparks Fly by Lucy Kevin. The novel is on the shorter side (32,000 words / 170 pages), but reads much longer, if that makes sense. This would be a perfect book to take on vacation because it was easy to step away from and recall what was going when I came back to it. Light and fun, if a little predictable, but that's what I love about the genre...I know I'm going to get a happy ending. Lucy Kevin is another I'll be adding to my "Favorite New Author's" list.

Description (from the book's Amazon product page):

"Angelina Morgan is a beautiful consultant who practices an ancient art form called Feng Shui. Will Scott is an all-business CEO who doesn't believe anything he can't see and touch. With the help of a meddling ex-wife, a well-meaning best friend, and a matchmaking mother, Angelina and Will are about to find out what happens when opposites attract...and sparks fly."

If you like Chick-Lit, or want a good, quick, economical option when trying the genre for the first time, I would highly recommend Sparks Fly, currently only $0.99!

Happy Reading!

~Heidi

**Disclaimer: I am not a professional literary reviewer. I do not know this author and I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment