About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Never Buried by Edie Claire: A new, highly entertaining mystery series!

I love reading books in a series! I stumbled upon Edie Claire's Leigh Koslow Mystery Series and couldn't resist purchasing Never Buried, simply because I LOVE that cat on the cover. I was a little slow to warm up to the main character, Leigh Koslow, but now I can't wait to see what happens to her next. I'm not really sure how to categorize the book, but I would guess that it could be considered a cozy mystery. My only complaint is that there's not a boxed set available... I really like boxed sets for the value and convenience :-). But I will be reading this series regardless. Back to the story:

Description:

"The truth about what happened in 1949 went to Paul Fischer's grave... Too bad his body didn't!

Advertising copywriter Leigh Koslow doesn't pack heat--just a few extra pounds. And she doesn't go looking for trouble. When she moved into her cousin Cara's refurbished Victorian house, she wasn't planning on discovering a corpse--certainly not one that had been embalmed ten years before. But as anyone in the small Pittsburgh borough of Avalon could tell her, her cousin's house has a history attached. A history dating back to two mysterious deaths in the summer of 1949.

Someone wants Leigh and Cara out of the house--someone who has something to hide. But that someone doesn't know Leigh's impetuous cousin, and when Cara digs her heels in, Leigh looks to her old college chum, local policewoman Maura Polanski, for help. But the answers the trio find only point to more questions. Were the scandalous deaths of fifty years ago really an accident and a suicide? Or were they murder?

The nearer the women get to the truth, the more desperate someone becomes. Because some secrets are better off kept. Especially when they hit close to home!"

I enjoyed how the author completed the storyline for this book without leaving me guessing, but kept me interested enough to need the next book. Well done! If you enjoy light mysteries, Never buried is a good choice. Priced at only $0.99, you can't go wrong. Well-written, well-edited and just plain fun! I have found a new author to enjoy :-).


Happy Reading

~Heidi

**Disclaimer: I am not a professional literary reviewer. I do not know this author and I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment