About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Chick-Lit fans: The final installment of Gemma Halliday's Hollywood Headline series rocked! And is a bargain, too!!!

It's done, over with, complete... I finished Hollywood Confessions last night, the final book in Gemma Halliday's Hollywood Headlines boxed set. Fun, Fun, Fun! The final book in the series concentrates on Allie Quick, the newest reporter for the L.A. Informer tabloid. We first met Allie in the High Heels Mysteries, although I can't remember which exact book that was in. Throughout this series, Allie has been portrayed as an antagonist, but we finally get her side of the story and you can't help but root for her happy ending as well.

Description:

"Allie Quick has high aspirations - much higher than reporting on the latest celebrity gossip for the L.A. Informer, Hollywood's most notorious tabloid. But if she's going to join the ranks of the real reporters, she's going to need a headline worthy story under her belt. Which is just what she gets when the producer of the trashiest reality shows on TV winds up murdered, and Allie convinces her editor, Felix Dunn, that this story has her name written all over it. Between an aging dance-off judge, a family with sextuplets and triplets, and the star of a little person dating show, Allie has no shortage of reality stars to question. But when she finds herself falling for her prime suspect, Allie's relationship with her editor is suddenly on the rocks, and her life is in danger. This is one deadline Allie can't afford to miss!"

Buy the whole set and get ready for hours of entertainment! Currently only $6.99 on Amazon for 3 books (all full novel length), you can't go wrong! I started reading Gemma Halliday as an alternative to Janet Evanovich (love her, but I am not spending $13 on an ebook, sorry) and have not been disappointed yet. Yes, as soon as the prices come down, Smokin' Seventeen is mine. Until then, I'm discovering an amazing amount of authors I've never heard of.


Happy Reading!


~Heidi

**Disclaimer: I am not a professional literary reviewer. I do not know this author and I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment