About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Books I Loved - Blame it on the Fame by Tracie Banister

My apologies - I've been MIA since the holidays. But, in celebration of Valentine's Day and things I love, I'm back with a bunch of books I've read recently that you just have to pick up! By the way, I despise Valentine's Day... it's a silly, made up holiday in my opinion, but that's not going to stop me from using it as an excuse to share these fabulous reads with you.

Okay, now for the gushing review (and I am going to gush a little because I really enjoyed this book). Tracie Banister's Blame it on the Fame is a fantastic look inside the lives of Oscar contenders vying for the same award. And when I say inside, I mean all the behind the scenes dirt is aired. What I found most incredible about this book was how the characters seemed real in my mind. Fact and fiction was interwoven so well it was difficult to determine where one left off and the other began.

I also have to give kudos to Tracie for the amazing amount of research that had to have gone into the process of bringing Blame it on the Fame to market. Details and histories and locations, all vivid and ringing with expertise. Now, I am sure there are going to be some who wonder why a fictional book about a bunch of Oscar contenders has resonated with me, when I don't even enjoy watching the Oscars... and, okay, you probably didn't know that before, but now you do - I think award shows are superfluous. Do these people really need umpteen ego boosters throughout the year to tell them how amazing their ability to pretend to be someone else (for millions of dollars, I might add) is?

But... this story really is that good. I guess it's that "aha!" moment when you're reading, and thinking, "I bet that's how it really is." Seriously, you'll feel like you're reading a memoir. Interesting, captivating and very well written! Blame it on the Fame is available for the ridiculously low price of $1.99 on Amazon. Buy this book - you won't be disappointed.

Happy Reading!

~Heidi

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this right now and loving it! In fact, I need to get off the computer so I can read some more:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juliette,

      You'll love the whole thing! It really was a great read.

      Delete