About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Need a ride? - Anywhere but Here by Jenny Gardiner

I really enjoyed Anywhere but Here by Jenny Gardiner. The plot is original - even if a bit far-fetched - and you can't help but cheer Mary Kate on in her pursuit of freedom and happiness after discovering her history (I wanted to do physical harm to her douchebag husband). Her handsome hitchhiker is an interesting character, mysterious and unfailingly kind - what's not to like when you have those qualities in a hero, right? I was sucked in and had to know what would happen next, which is definitely the way I want to feel when reading a book.

I have a bone (pun intended) to pick with the characters, though...


**SPOILER** How could you forget about the dog you'd just rescued? I was having fun on this improbable journey until I had to spend the last few pages wondering what had happened to him. And then to find out he was fine, but the characters had forgotten about him? Okay, I'll admit it, I was really ticked off. **END SPOILER**


Rant aside (and it's a personal thing - I am a huge animal lover! I would rather run over my neighbor than their cat any day) :-) Anywhere but Here was a fun read and I definitely recommend to my fellow Chick-Lit lovers! And for only $2.99 on Amazon, it's definitely worth the read. Try it and let me know what you think.

Happy Reading!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment