About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cursed with the gift of great storytelling - 50 Ways to Hex your Lover by Linda Wisdom

50 Ways to Hex your Lover by Linda Wisdom was a tremendously fun, witchy read.


Jazz Tremaine is a witch and she knows how to use it. Tough and world-weary, our heroine is a brash wielder of magic, a ghost befriending closet softie, and a temptress to vampires and foul-smelling creature alike.


I enjoyed the ride, the imagery and the imaginative world created in this book. Fluff and Puff are by far my favorite characters with their evil midnight snacking tendencies, though I wouldn't protest stumbling upon Nick in a dark alley...


I have to admit it took me a while to get through this book. It starts well, but lags a bit in the middle. Once things started exploding and curses flying though, I couldn't put it down. It is definitely well worth the few pages where I just wanted things to get moving (or I could have been in a mood - stranger things have happened) to get to the good stuff. Adventure and intrigue follow Jazz as she sets about to right a wrong being committed against the vampires and the ensuing danger awakens a passion she has been trying to suppress for years. The sex is hot, but some of the language may be off-putting to certain readers. This is not a book for young adults, that is for certain. Didn't stop me from gobbling it up though.


I definitely recommend 50 Ways to Hex your Lover and can't wait to read Hex Appeal!


Happy Witchy Reading!


~Heidi

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book, but like you had some parts that just dragged. Overall a fun read! I have most of the books in the series but haven't read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle!

    Great minds think alike :-). Let me know when you get around to the next one so I'll know whether or not I need to move it to the top of my TBR pile. Thanks for stopping by!!!

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete