About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Free and Fabulous - Falling for You by Julie Ortolon

I'm a sucker for a beach setting and Galveston is one of those places I've always wanted to visit. Add in local lore, potential hauntings, likable characters and a happy ending and I am definitely going to rave about the book. Julie Ortolon is quickly becoming a favorite of mine for romance and she didn't miss the mark in Falling for You.

I got frustrated by some of the preconceived ideas held by Chance, the hero in this story. But in the end I felt they added to his character by showing the depth of his breeding and how what we are brought up thinking is expected of us isn't always what is best... or even actually expected. Aurora St.Claire (Rory) is a perfect heroine in that she is easy to relate to and her actions are real instead of being contrived. Her tenacity is inspiring and you want these two to be together, rooting for them until the very last page.

I downloaded this book a while ago, and was surprised to see it is still free on Amazon. I completely recommend Falling for You to those who love a great romance that is also an easy and engrossing read.  And for the price, what do you have to lose?

Besides, the fun doesn't stop after Falling for You, which is the first book in Julie Ortolon's Pearl Island Trilogy. You won't want to miss reading Allison's story in Lead Me On, or Adrian's story in Don't Tempt Me! With so many great books, I suggest you get started reading right now!
Happy Reading!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment