About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Vacation Love - Escape by M.K. Elliott

Need to get away? Escape by M.K. Elliott takes you to a fabulous island resort in Thailand and fills the days with romance and beautiful tropical scenery. I think many of us can relate to the need to run away from our stressful jobs and lackluster relationships. Lucy does just that when she leaves behind a stagnant live-in boyfriend to seek a little spice.

Putting aside disbelief that, at a glance, a handsome man can know you're different without more that a few words exchanged, I rooted Lucy on as she pursued a relationship with the sexy dive instructor. The romantic in me wanted to see these two together - even with the moral grey area they were entering. I've never been a fan of settling for what you know, when it doesn't make you happy, just because it's easy and familiar. I really wanted Rudy (the dive instructor) and Lucy to find their bliss, which made me keep turning the pages long after my bedtime.

*Spoiler Alert* The only problem I had was the ability on both their parts to hide who they really were professionally - it just seemed silly and even the explanations given barely made sense. Maybe if the reasons had been explored deeper, I wouldn't have had a problem with it. But in this case, the secrets just made unnecessary drama... and I like drama. The ending also seemed rushed. Everything was tied up nicely, but I would have liked at least a glimpse of their happily ever after. This is just me though and expectations may vary greatly. *End Spoiler*

But even with a few nit-picks, I enjoyed this story. It is an easy, quick read and is perfect for a lazy day or vacation. I also enjoy books written by Brits... the colloquialisms are so fun in England! I definitely recommend. Check it out on Amazon and let me know what you think!

Happy Reading!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment