About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Modern Day Fairy Tale - Three Wishes by Stephanie Bond

Three Wishes by Stephanie Bond is a cute take on Aladdin and his magic lamp. If you love fairy tales, this book will be right up your alley. As a warning, this is a very light read. And by light, I don't mean short, but... fluffy. That sounds negative, but that's not the way I intend it. It's simply a whimsical read and I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking it's something that it's not.

I'm a fan of Stephanie Bond and have been for years - her Body Movers series is the essence of Chick-Lit and I devoured them in short order. I wouldn't necessarily call Three Wishes Chick-Lit though as it's light, but not humorous in my opinion.

Overall, I liked this book, but never completely fell in love with the characters. As for recommendations for fellow Chick-Lit lovers... Try one of the books in the Body Movers series. Three Wishes is currently $0.99 on Amazon, so if you're looking for a bit of reading entertainment this weekend on the cheap - hop on over and try a sample. And as always, let me know what you think!

Happy Reading!
~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment