About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

What the Lady Wants by Jennifer Crusie for Kindle

Let me preface this review by admitting that Jennifer Crusie is one of my all-time favorite authors. What the Lady Wants is no exception, even though it is a much older work. It can be confusing when purchasing eBooks by established authors because the Kindle publishing date is not a true measure of when the book was released. At least in this case I hadn't already read the book!

The story is fun and moves quickly, with great romance and intrigue. It took me a while to realize there were no cell phones or other modern conveniences. I really enjoyed the hero and heroine alike, but found the "bet" a bit unbelievable **spoiler alert**... who would choose to live in squalor for a year for a $10,000 payout? But even this was a great sub-plot to the story since I love the Chick-Lit genre and most of the time the stories are a little far-fetched. But, that's why I like them--I live in reality, I don't necessarily want to read about it:).

I highly recommend this book (as I would anything and everything by Crusie). The price is a bit high for a fifteen year old novel, but so entertaining that it is worth the cost. Happy Reading!

**Disclaimer: I am not a professional literary reviewer. I do not know this author and I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment