About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

An Interview Filled with "Confessions" - Check out author Lisa Lim!


Holy cow – it’s the first of December! Well, I didn’t get through my entire list of Romance/Chick-Lit Author Interviews in November, but that’s okay… we’ll pretend it’s a 2-month long promotion. J 

Today I have Lisa Lim, author of  the fabulous Confessions of a Call Center Gal, on the blog and I’m so excited to be able to share her awesome interview with you!


Welcome, Lisa!


ME: Why beat around the bush… What are you writing now?
LISA: I’m co-writing (with my teenage niece) a Young Adult chick lit novella titled My Mormon Crush, My Dog Eats Poo. It’s classified as Young Adult, but I’m hoping it might also appeal to adults with a warped sense of humor. It’ll be released December 28 2011.

ME: You just described me! How closely do your characters resemble you? Any particular quirk? (And I hope you don’t resemble the dog… LOL!
LISA: Like the famed dog in my new novella, my dogs also eat their own poo. Also, they seem to find cat poo and seagull poo quite the delicacy. 
And, like the protagonist in the novella, I want to marry a pork burrito.
In my other chick lit novel: Confessions of a Call Center Gal, I’d say about 50% of the protagonist is me and 100% of the book is based on real experiences as a call center gal. I’ve seen many of my co-workers on the verge of tears and I wanted to tell our story. Plus, I’m a chick lit junkie and I’ve read countless chick lit novels where the women all have fancy jobs, and they fancy men who hold fancy jobs. And I wanted to read about a woman I could relate to. A protagonist who is regular chick with a very ordinary job, who falls for a guy with an ordinary job. Although, the guy is anything but ordinary (I like to think).

ME: Well, I’m glad you don’t eat poo, for startersJ. And I love the idea of characters the masses can relate to! Oh yeah… Pork burritos… now I’m hungry. Do you ever wish you lived a character’s life (not just in your imagination)?
LISA: Sometimes. The character in My Mormon Crush, My Dog Eats Poo is a teenager. And I’m not so sure if I’d want to go back to high school, which I deem the prime suffering years. Bwarhahaha, back then I was chief of the Nerd Herd.
Flashback! I’ll have to say, part of me still misses Blink-182, N Sync and Sublime.

ME: I agree – I miss some of the music, too, but not much else. High school blows. Sunglasses (a particular fetish of mine): designer or drugstore cheapies? How many pairs are enough?
LISA: Designer. The world looks better with rose tinted lenses.
Um, you can never have enough pairs of sunnies (I got the term ‘sunnies’ from watching too much Rachel Zoe).

ME: A woman after my own heart! Would you ever want to work on a combined project with your favorite author? If so, who?
LISA: Hell yeah. Sophie Kinsella, Chelsea Handler and Mindy Kaling (of The Office).

ME: Oh! Chelsea Handler! I’m so glad you mentioned her because I am definitely a fan (and her books are pretty funny, too). I would love to hang out with her one day to see how much of that acerbic wit is genuine (I’m guessing all of itJ). Speaking of hanging out with authors - I’ve found that readers really enjoy connecting with us… what is one thing you want your fans to know about you that they may not already be aware of?
LISA: I am the biggest dog lover and I’m all about the rescue dogs. My motto is: Don’t Shop! Adopt!

ME: I love that motto!!! Thanks so much for being with us today and I wish you every success in life, love and, of course, book sales!

Need to know more? Be sure to check out Lisa Lim’s novel Confessions of a Call Center Gal on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Want to be even nosier? Stop by her Amazon Author’s page for lots of details on Lisa, her books, and great discussions. And, be sure to comment below, too!


Thanks for stopping by!
~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment