About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Friday, December 2, 2011

One of my Faves - I'm interviewing Chick-Lit author Rachel Schurig today!


I love recommending my favorite books and Rachel Schurig’s Three Girls and a Baby is among them! Now, she’s released the second in the series, Three Girls and a Wedding, and has graciously agreed to take time out of her busy writing schedule to answer a few probing questions… 
Okay, this is Chick-Lit so the questions aren’t too probing, but they’re a heck of a lot of fun! I can’t wait to hear what she has to say!

Welcome, Rachel!

ME: First, I just want to say how much I enjoyed Three Girls and a Baby and I’m really looking forward to delving into Three Girls and a Wedding! What are you writing now?
RACHEL: Three Girls and a Leading Man--the 3rd and final book in my Three Girls chicklit series!

ME: Yay! (Not that the series is coming to an end, but I'm going to have another fabulous book to read soon!). I can’t waitJ. How closely do your characters resemble you? (Any particular quirk?)
RACHEL: The three main characters of this series are very loosely based on myself and my two best friends. The character's backgrounds and current situations are very different but many aspects of our personalities are blended between the three. I think out of the three of the them, I resemble Annie the most--loyal to the core with a bit of a sarcastic streak. For those that have read Three Girls and a Wedding, the "aunt-in-town" story is very true--but I'm not telling which one of us it happened to!

ME: I love a little mystery with my Chick-Lit! I’ll keep my guesses to myself. Do you ever wish you lived a character’s life (not just in your imagination)?
RACHEL: Just about any of Sophie Kinsella's, Jill Mansell's, or Elizabeth Young's characters. I want to be young, beautiful, and living in England--with a hot man desperate to win me over!

ME: Me, too! Especially the England part… my boyfriend (Robert Pattinson) lives there, you know. Okay, he’s not really my boyfriend, but we were talking about fantasy lives. Since we’re being serious (Ha!): Sunglasses (a particular fetish of mine): designer or drugstore cheapies? How many pairs are enough?
RACHEL: Drugstore cheapies. I would love designer but am notorious for losing and breaking my shades! Enough? What does that word mean??

ME: I agree, enough is never enough!
Would you ever want to work on a combined project with your favorite author? If so, who?
RACHEL: Oooh, I would love to be in a short story anthology with authors like Elizabeth Young, Sophie Kinsella, Jill Mansell, and Marion Keyes. To me, these are the reigning queens of chicklit!

ME: If they’re the queens, you’re a princess. (Have I said how much I enjoyed your first book?). Enough stalker talk… people are going to think I’m weirdJ…. I’ve found that readers really enjoy connecting with authors… what is one thing you want your fans to know about you that they may not already be aware of?
RACHEL: I'm embarrassed of my Netflix streaming queue. It is the most ridiculous hodge-podge of crap and randomness. I'd love to hear what secret-shame shows my readers like to watch! Sharing is the first step to accepting.

ME: Ah, turnabout is fair play! Let’s hear those answers, readers! Thanks so much for being with us today.

Haven’t read Rachel Schurig? Be sure to check out her latest book – Three Girls and a Wedding – available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. I can personally guarantee: If you love Chick-Lit, you will love these books! Want to know more about this author? Check out Rachel’s Amazon Author’s Page!


Have a great day, everyone!
~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment