About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Today's Romance/Chick-Lit Author interviewee is... Dina Silver!


Another great Romance/Chick-Lit author interview! For those of you who haven’t heard of Dina Silver, author of One Pink Line, you’re missing out. Her debut novel is receiving rave reviews on Amazon – readers can’t get enough. Check her out!




Welcome, Dina!



 ME: Let's start with an easy question: What are you working on now?
 DINA: I'm feverishly editing my second novel, Kat Fight, due out in spring 2012.

ME: Editing is the hard part, isn’t it? How closely do your characters resemble you? Any particular quirk?
 DINA:  The main character in One Pink Line, Sydney, and I share a lot of the same things. She’s short with long brown hair, she grew up in the eighties, and attended Purdue University.

ME: I like to give shout-outs to my alma mater as well (even though you couldn’t pay me enough to go back to school), and how can you go wrong with the 80s? Do you ever wish you lived a character’s life (not just in your imagination)?
 DINA: I’m a complete Pride & Prejudice goober, so I’d have to say Elizabeth Bennet. She’s a favorite of mine.

ME: I have to admit I have a weird thing about historical fiction, so I can’t really relate. I’ll take your word for itJ. Okay, now on to something of grave importance... sunglasses (a particular fetish of mine): designer or drugstore cheapies? How many pairs are enough?
 DINA: I’m a designer girl. Currently I have two pair, and I don’t want to jinx myself, but I never lose my sunglasses.

ME: Designer shades I can definitely relate to. I’ll knock on wood for both of us regarding the not losing them thing. Now, back to writing - Would you ever want to work on a combined project with your favorite author? If so, who?
 DINA: I would love to write a screenplay with Nora Ephron. Almost everything she writes makes me smile.

ME: Thank you so much for sharing a bit about you and your writing with us today! One final question... I’ve found that readers really enjoy connecting with authors… what is one thing you want your fans to know about you that they may not already be aware of?
 DINA: I’m a real girl’s girl. I love hanging out with my girlfriends and getting together with other mom’s in my neighborhood. I just met up with some college friends in Las Vegas a couple months ago, and had a fantastic weekend with some amazing women who I’ve known forever, but rarely get to spend time with.

ME: Sounds fabulous! Thanks again, Dina, and best of luck to you on your current and future projects. I hope you’ll stop by again sometime soon.


Be sure to check out Dina’s debut novel, One Pink Line, available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. And keep an eye out for Kat Fight, coming soon. Want to know more? Keep up with Dina on her Amazon’s Authors Page.




Happy Reading!
~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment