About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Are Free eBooks Worth the Price?

I know, it might seem like a silly question...what could the cost possibly be, right? But I have found that I need to be as discerning with my free ebook "purchases" as I would with any book I was going to pay money for. Even with slightly lower expectations, I found my desire to read waning after indiscriminately downloading a Kindle-full of freebies.

There are some gems, and it is a great way to amass a following if your book is good, but be sure to read the reviews the book has received before dedicating any of your precious free time to it. I have found that reviews are remarkably good indicators of how well I will enjoy any book, and especially freebies. (if a reviewer can't find anything good to say about a book that was free...it must be really bad!)

If you have the time to search, self-pubbed authors often release their books for free for a limited time and some of the established publishing houses also offer up free books occasionally. So, is the cost worth it? Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment