About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Divorced, Desperate and Dating by Christie Craig

Christie Craig's Divorced, Desperate and Dating is a fun, easy read. I enjoyed the humor, the down-to-earth characters and the bit of mystery involved in this story about a writer who becomes the victim of one of her own plots.

I downloaded this as a freebie and had the sense that it was still under construction, so I am sure the distracting formatting issues have been resolved. It is now on sale for $4.69, so I would recommend downloading the sample chapters first to make sure the annoying breaks in words (ie. pan ties, to night, I  'd and several others which appear frequently from the beginning and are quite distracting) have been fixed.

There is some good humor in this book, my favorite is what I'm referring to as the "condom countdown"...I can see someone doing this and it made the character more real in my brain. As a consumer who reads a lot of "chick-lit", I'm not sure I'd recommend this book at it's current cost. Luckily, it is available in ebook format and you can try before you buy...take a look and see if you agree with my comments. At a lower cost, I would recommend this for an easy weekend read.

No comments:

Post a Comment