About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chick-Lit for the Menopausal set? Meet Author Donna Ball!


It’s the day before Thanksgiving… so I’m giving thanks to Donna Ball for taking the time to answer a few questions for my Romance/Chick-Lit Author Interview Series! This is so fun!!!

Welcome, Donna!




ME:  Let's jump right in with what everyone wants to know: What are you writing now?
DONNA: I'm frantically trying to finish up a novella for Christmas release, CHRISTMAS ON LADYBUG FARM.  The Ladybug Farm series is like chick lit for the menopausal set:)

ME: I’ve heard it called Hen-Lit… bwahaha! I love it! How closely do your characters resemble you? (Any particular quirk?)
DONNA: My characters are always MUCH more fun that I am! However, I notice in my romances that almost all the heroines have a cat.  I too, have always had a cat, although these days she's far outnumbered by dogs.

ME: It always amazes me how many authors have cats. I truly believe they can be wonderful muses. Do you ever wish you lived a character’s life (not just in your imagination)?
DONNA: I think one of the reasons we write novels is for the chance to live someone else's life for awhile.  The truth is, I can't think of a character whose life I wouldn't want to live!

ME: Me, too! Of course, I try to write only happy endings, and who doesn’t want one of those? Okay, on to something of utmost importance - Sunglasses (a particular fetish of mine): designer or drugstore cheapies? How many pairs are enough?
DONNA: I have extremely light-sensitive eyes (nothing to do with vampirism, I promise!), so I never leave the house without my sunglasses.  I can never have too many pairs-- there is a pair in every room, in my car and in my purse at all times.  With so many pairs of sunglasses, they have to cheap.

ME: *sigh* I love vampires… I don’t write about them though (although one in particular shows up in my fantasies from time to time. Shh, don’t tell). Speaking of appreciating the characters other authors have created - would you ever want to work on a combined project with your favorite author? If so, who?
DONNA: I've actually had the opportunity to collaborate with some wonderful authors in my career, and even ghost-wrote a romance novel with a soap opera actress once.  Those were all great experiences. But these days I think I'm too set in my ways for a collaboration (another way of saying I like to be the boss). 

ME: Ghostwriting – so cool! And I bet it was a lot of fun. As to collaboration: We authors can definitely be control freaks – or, I should say, I am. I’ve found that readers really enjoy connecting with authors… what is one thing you want your fans to know about you that they may not already be aware of?
DONNA: I have been studying belly dance for the past four years, and was even in a small dance troupe.  I love the dance, but I'm really in it for the glitzy costumes:)

ME: Now you’re speaking my language! I love bling J. Thanks so much for being with us today, Donna. I hope you’ll come back and do this again!

Don’t forget to check out Donna’s featured book, Stealing Savannah, available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Want to know more? Visit Donna Ball’s Amazon Author’s page fore her bios and a complete listing of her fabulous novels!


Happy Thanksgiving Eve!
~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment