About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A fun interview with a great Chick-Lit author - Sibel Hodge


Happy Tuesday and welcome to another great Chick-Lit/Romance author interview! As an avid reader, I’m having a blast being nosy – I hope you are, too. Today I'm hosting author Sibel Hodge on my blog and I think you’re really going to enjoy getting to know her a bit better.



Welcome, Sibel!!!

ME: Hi, Sibel. Thanks so much for being here with me today. We’ll get right into the juicy stuff… What are you writing now?
SIBEL: I'm just working on my third chick lit mystery series featuring feisty insurance investigator, Amber Fox. She never stops talking so I can't shut her up for long.

ME: Don’t I know it! I never would have imagined a character could get so far beneath my skin, but it’s happened so I can’t deny the fact any longerJ. How closely do your characters resemble you? (Any particular quirk?)
SIBEL: Ooh, most of my characters have got a lot of me in them, especially being accident-prone. If something wacky is going to happen, you can bet it will happen to me!

ME: That sounds familiar… whenever something embarrassing happens I usually say, “don’t worry about it – happens to me all the time.” LOL. I love Amber Fox, by the way. Do you ever wish you lived a character’s life (not just in your imagination)?
SIBEL: Actually, my fifth chick lit novel, The Baby Trap, which will be out in the next few months, is pretty much based on my life! It's about a couple going through infertility treatment and will have you laughing and crying at the ups and downs of modern baby-making.

ME: I can’t wait! Infertility is rampant nowadays… I know all about itL. But let’s talk about something lighter (or darker, depending on your preference). Sunglasses (a particular fetish of mine): designer or drugstore cheapies? How many pairs are enough?
SIBEL: Both. I like a bit of mixing and matching. I live in a hot country so I need ones with good quality UV protection. I've got about five pairs at the mo. My faves are a pair by Paul Smith.

ME: Good call. I live in the Arizona desert, so I definitely agree: good UV protection is a must! Would you ever want to work on a combined project with your favorite author? If so, who?
SIBEL: I think it's a great idea. There are so many talented authors I'd love to collaborate with. Don't make me choose, I don't want to leave anyone out!

ME: Ha! A Chick-Lit diplomat! I love it! I’ve found that readers really enjoy connecting with authors… what is one thing you want your fans to know about you that they may not already be aware of?
SIBEL: I'm nuts. Oh, wait, I think they already know that bit. Er...I love dancing. Put a bit of dance music on and there's no stopping me.

ME: But are you any good? We’ll leave that for the next interview… in the meantime - don’t stop getting your groove on! Thanks for being with us today, Sibel.

Want to know more? Don’t forget to check out Sibel’s fabulous romantic comedy, Fourteen Days Later! (Also available for Nook). You can also visit her Amazon Author’s page to see her bio and a full listing of her books. If you’ve enjoyed today’s interview, please let us know by leaving a comment, question, or rave review of her work below!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Heidi

2 comments: