About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Sweet Interview With Author Tela Wallen


Ah, how I love Saturdays! Nothing to do but read - I'm going to pretend I don't have a house to clean, okay? Especially since I have Tela Wallen on the blog today for my fifth Romance/Chick-Lit Author Interview. 


And don't you just love the dog on the cover?



Welcome, Tela!


ME: Thanks for letting us be nosy today, Tela. Can you tell us what you’re working on?
TELA: At the moment I am working on my first non-fiction novel. It's a sort of recipe book for women. I am also working on sequels to my young adult Paint World series.

ME: I’ve always wanted to write a memoir, but that’s as close to non-fiction as I’ll ever get. Speaking of art imitating life – Do any of your characters have traits mimicking your own?
TELA: In Ambition, Victoria is very much like me in the fact that she is a teacher with an interest in art. I have taught English and teach art lessons from my home. I also love animals and would be hard pressed not to include some sort of animals in my books.

ME: You’re the second author I’ve interviewed with an interest in art. Personally, I have no skills in that area. Now animals… I love animals! Do you ever wish you could live the life of one of your characters?
TELA: No, I would choose to continue living my life now. There was a time in my life before I found how to be happy that I would have chosen my fiction world, but not anymore.

ME: I’m one of those people who can be too cheery… almost perpetually cheerful, but I have a streak of snarkiness. I tend to give my characters everything I’d want; cars, houses, hot guys – so there are several whose lives I wouldn’t mind living. Now, onto a question of utmost importance: Designer sunglasses or the cheapies?
TELA: I always opt for the cheap sunglasses. Just run to the dollar store and pick up a pair. Too many sunglasses have been sat on in my car for me to buy expensive ones!

ME: Darn, I love talking sunglasses! But I understand… my OCD keeps me from ever setting mine anywhere besides their fancy case. Okay, I’ll get back to the topic of writing now: Would you ever want to work on a project with another author?
TELA: I would be willing to work with someone. I love Kate Morton's works and would happily enjoy working with her. Her research and attention to details are brilliant.

ME: I think I need to read more books – I haven’t interviewed an author yet who has named someone I actually know! Speaking of “knowing”… Readers love insight into the brain behind the stories. Is there any little tidbit you can share about yourself to satisfy that particular hunger?
TELA: I would like my readers to know I am my own work in progress. I am striving to be the best, happiest me I can possibly be. I have figured out that being happy with myself, just as God intended, is the best thing I can possibly do for my children, my health, my body, and my soul.  I want to pass along that feeling of happiness to other women.

ME: Thanks, Tela! That’s a wonderful message to pass on and I’m sure the sentiment shines through in your writing.

Tela is the author of Ambition Rewarded, which has been called “sweet” and “Innocent” by reviewers, and is available on Amazon. Want to learn more about Tela Wallen? Visit her Amazon Author’s Page!






Have a great weekend!
~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment