About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Fashion Police by Sibel Hodge is a cute story.

I liked this book, The Fashion Police (great title), by Sibel Hodge and I think you will too if you enjoy Gemma Halliday or Janet Evanovich. It really was a cute story. The good: Fun whodunit with several arcs that kept me guessing and a likable main character. The meh: Amber Fox is supposed to be an ex police officer, yet she is fairly inept. But this is chick lit, so most MC's are - it adds humor and I get it. The bad (not actually bad; a personal preference): There are a lot of inner musings that can get to be too much (for me), but I read fairly quickly so I do tend to scan over stuff when my attention lags in the least. 


Sibel writes a great story though, so don't miss out on this one... Plus, it's currently FREE on Amazon and Barnes & Nobel - can't beat that for some entertainment.

Description:

"The Fashion Police was runner-up in the Chapter One Promotions Novel Competition 2010 and nominated Best Novel with Romantic Elements 2010 by The Romance Reviews. It is a screwball comedy-mystery, combining murder and mayhem with romance and chick-lit.

Amber Fox has been making too many mistakes lately and something's got to give...

For starters, Amber accidentally shoots Chief Inspector Janice Skipper and gets thrown off the police force. The only one who knows the truth about the incident is Amber, but no one will believe her.

After accepting a job as an insurance investigator from her ex-fiancé, Brad Beckett, it turns out that Brad thinks they've still got unfinished business and the job description includes sexual favours that come with a price.

When fashion designer, Umberto Fandango, goes missing, Amber becomes embroiled in a complicated case. But Amber's arch-enemy, Chief Inspector Skipper, is also investigating his disappearance, and it's a race against time for Amber to solve the mystery before Skipper does and get her old job back. And just when Amber thinks things can't get any worse, she's being stalked by some crazy mobsters.

Who is Umberto Fandango? Is he dead? And can Amber stay one step ahead and stay alive?"


Happy Reading!

~Heidi

**Disclaimer: I am not a professional literary reviewer. I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this unsolicited review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment