About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Witchy Halloween Reads Post #13 - The Trouble With Spells by Lacey Weatherford

Definitely Twilight comparisons here... and without a doubt The Trouble With Spells was written for a younger audience, but that didn't stop me from enjoying this book. If you're a fan of YA Paranormal Romance, this one's for you! Angsty and fun, with sweet romance and lots going on, The Trouble With Spells is a must-read for Twilight aficionado's. There were a few grammar issues that may have been fixed since I downloaded my copy, but I don't believe they'll affect your ability to escape into this tale.


The Trouble With Spells is the first in the Of Witches and Warlocks series and is currently $0.99 on both Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Try it!


Description: (from Amazon's product page)

What does every young girl wish for on her sixteenth birthday? Not to be told she's a witch, that's for sure!
But what if it comes with powers, a hot romance, and exciting adventure?
Of Witches and Warlocks Series Book One, The Trouble with Spells

Portia Mullins had always lived the life of a normal teenager, up until her sixteenth birthday. She is then informed by her grandma that she is actually a witch who is a descendant of a long line of witches and warlocks. After overcoming her disbelief she finds that being a member of the coven comes with one great perk in the form of the school’s handsome bad boy, Vance Mangum. Vance and Portia have an immediate connection as a budding romance begins, only to be threatened by turbulent skies on the horizon as Vance’s checkered past rears its ugly head to haunt them. Portia is forced to use her untried powers in defense of everything she loves in a desperate attempt to hold on to the one thing that really matters in her life



Want more Witchy Halloween Recommendations? Try my Amazon list here!


~Heidi


**I am not a professional literary reviewer. I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this unsolicited review. All opinions expressed here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment