About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Witchy Halloween Reads Post #4 - Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory

For my fourth Haunted Halloween recommendation, I return to one of the first self-published books I ever read - Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory. I remember being so excited to turn the next page. There are many subsequent books out now in this series, but this one was the first and, therefore, gets top billing on my list. 


Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble is only $0.99 on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Toil and Trouble ($3.99) and Witchful Thinking ($7.99) are also available for Kindle & Nook.


Description: (from Amazon product page)


"A self-deprecating witch with the unique ability to reanimate the dead.
A dangerously handsome warlock torn between being her boss and her would-be lover.
A six hundred year old English vampire with his own agenda; one that includes an appetite for witches.
The Underworld in a state of chaos.
Let the games begin.
Life isn’t bad for psychic Jolie Wilkins. True, she doesn’t have a love life to speak of, but she has a cute house in the suburbs of Los Angeles, a cat and a quirky best friend.
Enter Rand Balfour, a sinfully attractive warlock who insists she’s a witch and who just might turn her life upside down. Rand hires her to help him solve a mystery regarding the death of his client who also happens to be a ghost. Jolie not only uncovers the cause of the ghost’s demise but, in the process, she brings him back to life!
Word of Jolie’s incredible ability to bring back the dead spreads like wildfire, putting her at the top of the Underworld’s most wanted list. Consequently, she finds herself at the center of a custody battle between a villainous witch, a dangerous but oh-so-sexy vampire, and her warlock boss, Rand."



Happy Witchy Reading!


~Heidi


**I am not a professional reviewer. I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this unsolicited review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment