About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Great Halloween Reads, Post #2 - A Modern Witch by Debora Geary

Continuing with my witchy Halloween reading recommendations is A Modern Witch by Debora Geary. I have to admit to being confused through the first few chapters of this book because there are a lot of characters... but don't let that dissuade you from enjoying this wonderful story. Once I got them straight, A Modern Witch turned out to be a delightfully charming and original tale of witches breaking into the 21st century through an online witch-finder/connection service.


Currently $3.99 on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, this is another steal for holiday reading/entertainment. It's definitely filled with all things witchy. And if you love series (like I do), never fear - A Hidden Witch is already available!

Description:

"Can you live 28 years without discovering you're a witch?

Lauren is downtown Chicago's youngest elite realtor. She's also a witch. She must be - the fetching spell for Witches' Chat isn't supposed to make mistakes. So says the woman who coded the spell, at least.

The tall, dark, and handsome guy sent to assess her is a witch too (and no, that doesn't end the way you might think). What he finds in Lauren will change lives, mess with a perfectly good career, and require lots of ice cream therapy."


Happy Halloween Reading!

~Heidi

**Disclaimer: I am not a professional literary reviewer. I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this unsolicited review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment