About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Witchy Halloween Reads Post #12 - Illicit Magic by Camilla Chafer

It took me a while to get into this book, Illicit Magic by Camilla Chafer, but once I did, I really enjoyed the story. Those of you who like YA, will gobble up this book as it is written for teens+ with a twenty-ish heroine and enough romance not to leave you wanting. There are some British spellings and a few minor mistakes that may be language differences (the author is British, I believe), but nothing completely horrible and the story is fun enough for me to recommend.


Currently $0.99 on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, it's a cute, witchy tale with plenty of action and paranormal adventure.


Description: (from Amazon's product page)

More than three hundred years after the most terrifying witch hunts the world has ever known, it's happening again.

Racing from attack by the ruthless Brotherhood in London to the powerful witch council in New York, twenty-four-year-old novice witch Stella has to put her faith in strangers just to stay alive but she might not be any safer in their midst than from the danger she is running from.

Sent to an extraordinary safe house by the sea to learn her craft, Stella finds there is more than one dark secret in her new family: Étoile’s sister is spoken of in fear and sadness; Marc is supposed to be a powerful witch but is missing his magic; where does the owner of their safe house vanish to every day and why does Evan have the eyes of someone not quite human? There is only one secret that someone will do anything to keep quiet, but whose secret is it and will Stella have to pay the price for silence?


Want more witchy recommendations? Click here!


~Heidi

**I am not a professional literary reviewer. I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this unsolicited review. All opinions expressed here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment