About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Witchy Halloween Reads Post #8 - Illegal Magic by Arlene Blakely

I loved how spicy this book was right from the first page! Illegal Magic by Arlene Blakely is witchy fun and a wickedly sexy, funny good time. The story is an excellent blend of Chick Lit and Paranormal Romance and since I'd never heard of this author before, I was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining her writing is. The book is a quick read - I can't tell exactly how many pages on the Kindle, but it's a cross between a novella and a novel. I definitely recommend!


Currently $2.99 on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, you won't want to miss this one!


Description: (from Amazon's product page)

What do you get when you mix magic & lawyers? More than you bargained for.

Lani's family has magic. Her friends have magic. Even the plants in her community are magical.

But Lani's powers never manifest, and she's tired of feeling like the odd one out. So she goes to law school and does her best to fit in with the non-magical world.

Too bad her first client is a geeky vampire. And her second client is an evil sorcerer. And her smoking hot one night stand doesn't remember her name.

If Lani survives her first week of work, she's gonna seriously consider a career change.


Want more? click on home (above) to track my Happy Halloween Reading Recommendations or visit my list on Amazon!


~Heidi

**I am not a professional literary reviewer. I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this unsolicited review. All opinions expressed here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment