About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Witchy Halloween Reads Post #11 - Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell

Secondhand Spirits, the first in the Witchcraft Mystery series by Juliet Blackwell, is the fun story of a witch who wants nothing more than to run her vintage clothing store. I think my favorite part of this tale is Lily's familiar - a potbellied pig named Oscar. This story was very well written and engaging with plenty of fun characters to sink your teeth into. 


Currently $6.99 on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, the price may seem steep for those of us getting used to ebooks under $5. But don't miss this one! I highly recommend.


Description: (from Amazon's product page)

Love the vintage— not the ghosts

Lily Ivory feels that she can finally fit in somewhere and conceal her “witchiness” in San Francisco. It’s there that she opens her vintage clothing shop, outfitting customers both spiritually and stylistically.

Just when things seem normal, a client is murdered and children start disappearing from the Bay Area. Lily has a good idea that some bad phantoms are behind it. Can she keep her identity secret, or will her witchy ways be forced out of the closet as she attempts to stop the phantom?


Want more Witchy Halloween recommendations? Click here! Happy Haunting!


~Heidi

**I am not a professional literary reviewer. I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this unsolicited review. All opinions expressed here are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment