About Me

My photo
I am an avid reader, animal lover, devourer of guacamole, storyteller and the author of An Unexpected Obsession, A Dose of Reality, Witch Way, A Coven by Christmas, Love Spells, Summer Solstice (coming soon), Flirting With Death, Flirting With Murder and the rest of the upcoming Assassins Anonymous series. I attended Arizona State University (go Sun Devils!) and make my home in the Valley of the Sun with my husband and three pampered pets. I like to discuss everything funny, sexy, sassy and absurd. But mostly I like to talk about books... and shoes... and outrageously expensive purses... and Chanel sunglasses ...oooh, and anything sparkly... or fluffy! So, come on in and let's chat!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Haunted on Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase - A perfect read for Halloween!!!

It's Halloween time!!! To get you in the spirit, I'll be recommending great books with witchy themes through October 31st. 


First up: Haunted on Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase. I really enjoyed this book! Mystery, sexy romance, paranormal happenings... what more could you ask for? Also, I absolutely love ghostly tales set in New Orleans... a visit to that culture-rich city is definitely on my bucket list. Currently $3.99 on Amazon and Barnes & Noble and worth every penny. Enjoy!

Description:

"Jade loves her new apartment—until a ghost joins her in the shower.

When empath Jade Calhoun moves into an apartment above a strip bar on Bourbon Street, she expects life to get interesting. What she doesn’t count on is making friends with an exotic dancer, attracting a powerful spirit, and developing feelings for Kane, her sexy landlord.

Being an empath has never been easy on Jade’s relationships. It’s no wonder she keeps her gift a secret. But when the ghost moves from spooking Jade to terrorizing Pyper, the dancer, it’s up to Jade to use her unique ability to save her. Except she’ll need Kane’s help—and he’s betrayed her with a secret of his own—to do it. Can she find a way to trust him and herself before Pyper is lost?"


Happy Halloween Reading!


~Heidi


**Disclaimer: I am not a professional literary reviewer. I am not being paid or otherwise compensated for this unsolicited review. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

5 comments:

  1. Nice post! Sounds like a good read. New follower:

    Trev @ trevsliteraryreview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds creepily cool! Romance and the paranormal is a great combo. Have you seen the new show on FX, American Horror Story? http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/ahs

    If not, you would probably love it. It's chilling, disturbing and even a little demented; but it definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Trev!

    Hi Kendall - I'm totally addicted to American Horror story! The first episode I think my jaw was on the floor for the entire hour...LOL! And I love Jessica Lange in it - so creepy.

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband said the show scares him all week long lol! What do you think will happen with the wife's pregnancy? Something is going to be very wrong with that baby...Also, I think Hayden will probably come back as a ghost. But enough speculation! We'll just have to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the baby belongs to whoever was in that black suit! Not the hubby's, and definitely there will be something wrong (or downright terrorific)! All I know for sure is that I'm completely addicted! I wonder how many episodes there will be...

    ReplyDelete